Avalon are based in Cheshire in the United Kingdom. They have been planning funerals for the past 25 years and market themselves as the most trusted funeral plan provider in the UK.
Avalon won Best Funeral Plan Provider for 2019/20 as voted for by The Personal Finance Awards.
They operate in the UK and across mainland Europe, where they also currently offer plans to cover expats who move to Portugal, Spain, Mallorca, Canary Islands, Tenerife and Cyprus.
They offer a range of plans as well as home visits to help customers to select which is the best option for them.
At the time of writing, Avalon have approximately 70,000 customers, and they work with 1,800 UK-based Funeral Directors.
Compare Avalon Funeral Plans
So, what types of plans do Avalon offer and how do they compare to the market?
As with any financial decision, we recommend that you carefully consider what you need and what options are currently available across the market. We can help you with this process.
- Avalon Funeral Plans
- Compare Avalon Funeral Plans
- Avalon offer five types of funeral plan.
- Plus Funeral Plan
- Premium Funeral Plan
- Have Avalon Funeral Plans got good customer feedback?
- What happens if I take out an Avalon Funeral Plan?
- Where do Avalon keep their clients’ money?
- Do they offer guarantees?
- Are Avalon registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA)?
- What payment options are available?
- What if I have a complaint with Avalon?
- Avalon Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF A PREPAID FUNERAL PLAN WITH AVALON?
- IS A FUNERAL PLAN WITH AVALON THE BEST OPTION FOR ME?
- ARE AVALON A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY FOR FUNERAL PLANS?
- DO I NEED A HEALTH CHECK TO GET AN AVALON FUNERAL PLAN?
- ARE AVALON FUNERAL PLANS FLEXIBLE?
- WILL AVALON WORK WITH MY PREFERRED FUNERAL DIRECTOR?
- I’M WORRIED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY THAT MY FUNERAL COMPANY COULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?
- HOW POSSIBLE IS IT TO MAKE SPECIAL REQUESTS FOR MY FUNERAL WITH AVALON?
- WHAT IF I CHANGED MY MIND AND WANT TO CANCEL?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF AVALON GO OUT OF BUSINESS?
- I’M CONSIDERING MOVING ABROAD, CAN I STILL HAVE A FUNERAL PLAN WITH AVALON?
Avalon offer five types of funeral plan.
The five Avalon plans are: Cremation Only, Cremation with Service, Standard, Plus and Premium. The funeral plans have competitive pricing, and they all include different service offerings, so it’s essential to understand the details.
We are happy to support you with any questions.
Cremation Only Plan
Avalon’s Cremation Only Plan is a low-cost and straightforward plan that covers the cost of a cremation without a ceremony and none of the traditional services for a funeral.
The Cremation Only Plan includes:
- The Avalon Promise if you pay over a minimum of two years, subject to qualifying criteria
- Funeral Director Services
- Care of the deceased until they move to the crematorium
- Transport of the deceased in a suitable vehicle to a funeral home on the mainland of the UK
- Certification and registration advice
- A basic wood effect coffin which is suited to cremations
- Transportation of the deceased in a private vehicle to the crematorium
- Fees related to doctors
- Fees for the crematorium
- An unattended UK cremation
- Return of the ashes to a nominated representative
Cremation with Service Funeral Plan
Avalon’s Cremation with Service Funeral Plan includes all the benefits of the Cremation Only Funeral Plan but with the addition of a family service to enable loved ones to pay their respects.
The additional features of the Cremation with Service Plan include:
- Cremation fees locked in at the prices relevant to the day you purchased the plan
- Preparation of the deceased
- Supply of a simple coffin
- Service at a local crematorium of your choice
- 24/7 bereavement helpline
- LifeLocker, an online tool that enables individuals to write their life story only so that family, friends and future generations can enjoy it
Please note that the return of ashes may be associated with additional charges on this plan.
Standard Funeral Plan
Avalon’s Standard Funeral Plan is a basic plan that includes the standard features of a funeral in the UK.
The Standard Funeral Plan includes the following benefits:
- Avalon Promise
- Necessary funeral arrangements
- Funeral Director’s Services
- Transport of the deceased to a funeral home
- Full hygienic treatment of the deceased as part of their care and preparation
- A simple wood effect coffin that is suitable for a burial or a cremation
- A hearse for transport to the chosen cemetery or crematorium
- Funeral staff
- Allowance towards the costs of the doctor, minister, celebrant, cremation or cemetery
- Certification and registration guidance
- Advice on personal and social matters
Plus Funeral Plan
The Plus Funeral Plan is Avalon’s middle-range plan, offering some additional touches to enhance the quality of the funeral experience.
The Plus Funeral Plan includes the benefits of the Standard Funeral Plan plus:
- Use of chapel of rest during office hours for viewing purposes
- Supply of a quality veneer coffin that is suited to cremations and burials
- One limousine to transport funeral attendees to the cemetery or crematorium
Premium Funeral Plan
The Premium Funeral Plan is Avalon’s top of the range funeral plan, containing a host of added benefits.
The Premium Funeral Plan has the benefits of the Plus Funeral Plan as well as:
- Five-star Defaqto quality rating
- Provision of two limousines to transport funeral attendees
- Supply of a high-quality veneer coffin that is suited to cremations and burials
- List of individuals who paid their respects by sending flowers or donations
Have Avalon Funeral Plans got good customer feedback?
At the time of writing this review, Avalon has a five star, meaning excellent, rating on Trustpilot. Trustpilot is a trusted and credible independent review site.
Avalon have an average score of 4.8 out of a possible 5, comprised of over 2,500 reviews. Avalon staff appear to reach out to everyone who leaves a poor review or who reports an issue, and they help these customers to solve their problems.
Avalon’s Premium Funeral Plan has also received a five-star rating on Defaqto, an independent site that reviews financial products.
What happens if I take out an Avalon Funeral Plan?
Once you have signed up to a plan with Avalon, they will send you a welcome pack with all the critical information about your funeral plan.
If you take out a plan with Avalon and change your mind, then you are entitled to a full refund within 30 days. If you cancel after this period, then Avalon will charge you a cancellation fee of £395.
Where do Avalon keep their clients’ money?
Avalon keep client money in a Trust that is separate from the company’s funds.
The Trust is called the Avalon Funeral Trust No.3, and a group of Independent Trustees manages it. The Trustees review the Trust annually to ensure there are sufficient funds to meet its obligations. In the event of a shortfall in the Trust, Avalon must fix the deficit.
Do they offer guarantees?
Avalon have one main guarantee called the Avalon Promise.
The Avalon Promise
Avalon make a commitment to honour your funeral plan if you pass away before completing the payments. The Avalon Promise applies:
- If you are aged 18 to 77
- As long as you have chosen a plan with payments occurring for two or more years
- Once your funeral plan has been active for a year
- If you pay all instalments by your 80th birthday
Terms do apply, so make sure that you read the key features document.
Are Avalon registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA)?
Yes, Avalon have a registration with the Funeral Planning Authority through their limited company, The Avalon Trustee Company Limited.
What payment options are available?
Avalon allows customers a choice of two payment options:
- A single payment, covering the full cost of the funeral plan
- An instalment plan with a term of up to 15 years. Under this plan, you will incur an additional charge of 5.2% for the option to make payments over more than 12 months. Some instalment plans also qualify for the Avalon Promise.
Avalon accept single payments and deposits by credit card, debit card or cheque. Avalon collect any monthly instalments by direct debit.
If you decide on an instalment option, you can also choose to pay in full or increase your payments at a future date.
What if I have a complaint with Avalon?
If you have a complaint with Avalon, then it would be best to call them straight away on 0161 486 2020 (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm)
If you would prefer to email Avalon, their email address is:
If you would prefer to write to Avalon their address is:
Avalon Funeral Plans
Lower Meadow Road
They commit to acknowledge your complaint within seven business days and resolve it within 30 days of receipt.
Avalon Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF A PREPAID FUNERAL PLAN WITH AVALON?
Funeral plans with Avalon have different price points based on your needs. Each of the five funeral plan options has a starting rate, which they list on their website.
IS A FUNERAL PLAN WITH AVALON THE BEST OPTION FOR ME?
There are numerous funeral plan providers on the market, all with different price points and options, so it is best to consider your needs and then review which company is the best match for you.
You should consider if:
- Avalon offer you a price that is easily affordable for you now, and in the future if you are considering an instalment plan
- Avalon give you the optional extras which you will need
- you are happy with the Avalon’s reviews and reputation
Once you have considered all of the above aspects, then you are ready to apply for a funeral plan with the provider that best meets your needs.
ARE AVALON A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY FOR FUNERAL PLANS?
Avalon incorporated on 15 July 1993 under the company name The Avalon Trustee Company Limited, company number 02836336.
They are a legitimate funeral plan company who operate in the United Kingdom and parts of mainland Europe.
You should always consider all of the different funeral providers to make sure you are buying a funeral plan which is most suitable for you and your family.
DO I NEED A HEALTH CHECK TO GET AN AVALON FUNERAL PLAN?
Avalon guarantees to accept you for their funeral plans if you are over 18, with no need to undertake a health examination or to answer questions about your health.
ARE AVALON FUNERAL PLANS FLEXIBLE?
Yes, you have a choice of paying in full or paying by instalment with each of Avalon’s plan. If you decide on an instalment option, you can also choose to pay in full or to increase your payments at a future date.
WILL AVALON WORK WITH MY PREFERRED FUNERAL DIRECTOR?
Avalon use a network of 1,800 Funeral Directors. If your preferred Funeral Director is not on their list, then they will contact the business to see if your preferred provider is happy to work with your chosen plan. If that isn’t possible, then Avalon will recommend an alternative provider for you to consider.
I’M WORRIED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY THAT MY FUNERAL COMPANY COULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?
If your Funeral Director ceases trading, then Avalon will offer to move your plan to another provider without additional costs.
HOW POSSIBLE IS IT TO MAKE SPECIAL REQUESTS FOR MY FUNERAL WITH AVALON?
Avalon will support you to make a list of all the arrangements that are important to you and your family. For example, you can specify details of the music you would like to have, your preferred outfit, any special requests for flowers and dress codes. Avalon will pass this information to the Funeral Director when the time comes.
WHAT IF I CHANGED MY MIND AND WANT TO CANCEL?
If you change your mind about the type of plan you wish to have with Avalon, then you can contact them on 0161 486 2020 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your updated wishes.
Alternatively, if you decide you no longer want to have a plan with Avalon, then you can receive a full refund within 30 days of buying the policy as long as you put your request in writing. If you decide to cancel after 30 days, then Avalon will charge you a cancellation fee of £395.
WHAT HAPPENS IF AVALON GO OUT OF BUSINESS?
Avalon are registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA). The FPA guarantee to work with their other registered providers if a funeral business ceases to trade, so that their customers receive an appropriate funeral in their time of need.
I’M CONSIDERING MOVING ABROAD, CAN I STILL HAVE A FUNERAL PLAN WITH AVALON?
Avalon operate in several countries in mainland Europe. If you move to a country they operate in, they will transfer your plan for you.
If you decide to live between the UK and one of the countries that Avalon operates in, then your plan applies in both locations.
At the time of writing this, Avalon offer an expat funeral service in Portugal, Spain, Mallorca, Canary Islands, Tenerife and Cyprus. To see the latest list of countries that Avalon covers, please visit https://www.avalonfuneralplans.com/expat-funeral-plans/