Who are Empathy UK?
Empathy UK are a family-owned business that offers Prepaid Funeral Plans in the UK. Empathy UK incorporated on 31 July 2017 under the company name Empathy UK Funeral Plans Limited.
Their marketing states that they offer the longest fee-free cancellation period in the Funeral Plan market, and the best value plans.
- Empathy UK Funeral Plans
- Who are Empathy UK?
- Compare Empathy UK Funeral Plans
- Have Empathy UK Funeral Plans got good customer feedback?
- What happens if I take out an Empathy UK Funeral Plan?
- Where do Empathy UK keep their clients’ money?
- Do they offer guarantees?
- Are Empathy UK registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA)?
- What payment options are available?
- What if I have a complaint with Empathy?
- Empathy UK Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF A PREPAID FUNERAL PLAN WITH EMPATHY?
- IS A FUNERAL PLAN WITH EMPATHY THE BEST OPTION FOR ME?
- ARE EMPATHY A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY FOR FUNERAL PLANS?
Compare Empathy UK Funeral Plans
So, what types of plans do Empathy UK offer and how do they compare to the market?
As with any financial decision, we recommend that you carefully consider what you need and what options are currently available across the market. We can help you with this process.
Empathy UK offer five types of fixed-price Funeral Plans.
The five Empathy UK plans are: Direct Cremation, Essential, Essential Plus, Elite and Exclusive. The plans all apply for burials or cremations except for the Direct Cremation Plan, which is designed purely for cremations.
The Funeral Plans have competitive pricing that stays at today’s costs, and they all include different service offerings, so it’s essential to understand the details.
We are happy to support you with any questions.
The five plans all contain these features as standard:
- Funeral guidance, as well as support with registering the death and the necessary paperwork
- Transport of the deceased to the Funeral Home at any time of day within a 25-mile radius, excluding ferry or airfare expenses
- Care and preparation of the deceased
- A 33 day full refund period
- Funeral Director’s costs relating to a burial or a cremation
- Cremation fees, Minister or Officiant fees
- A contribution to the burial that keeps track with inflation
- Instalment plan options
- Nationwide network of Funeral Directors
- Your plan moves with you in the UK
- A coffin suited for burial or cremation, the quality of which varies by package
- Bereavement support
- Free will writing service
The following features are also standard in all plans except the Direct Cremation Plan:
- Funeral procession from the deceased’s home (with The Essential Plus Plan upwards) or the Funeral Home, to the service
- Chapel of Rest visitation
The Direct Cremation Plan
Empathy’s Direction Cremation Plan is a simple option for cremations with a service. It contains the benefits mentioned previously, plus:
- Basic coffin for cremation
Return of the ashes to a nominated person
The Essential Plan
Empathy UK’s Essential Plan contains all the standard benefits plus:
- The option for a burial or a cremation
- Basic coffin for burial or cremation
- Funeral procession starting at the Funeral Home
- Complimentary thank you cards and a social media site to collect tributes
- Recording of special requests. Some may involve additional costs not covered by the plan’s price guarantee
The Essential Plus Plan
Empathy UK’s Essential Plus Plan offers the benefits of The Essential Plan as well as:
- A standard quality coffin
- Option to nominate your own Funeral Director
- Option to make additional requests and personalise the plan
- More choice in the date and time of the funeral
- Option to start the funeral procession at the deceased’s home
The Elite Plan
Empathy UK’s Elite Plan has the benefits of the lower-cost plans, as well as:
- A wood effect coffin
- One limousine
The Exclusive Plan
Empathy UK’s Exclusive Plan is their top of the range option. It contains the previously mentioned benefits plus:
- A quality wood coffin
- Two limousines
- Free will writing and storage
Optional Extra Features
Empathy UK have some notable optional extras that you can select for an additional fee such as a celebration of life video, scattering ashes in outer space and creating a diamond from the ashes.
Have Empathy UK Funeral Plans got good customer feedback?
At the time of writing this review, Empathy does not appear to have any customer reviews available on independent review sites such as Trustpilot or Feefo.
At this time, we would recommend that Empathy UK invest more time in encouraging their customers to leave feedback on independent review sites, so that prospective customers have an insight into the experiences of existing customers.
What happens if I take out an Empathy UK Funeral Plan?
Once you have signed up to a plan with Empathy UK, they will send you a Planholder Documents Pack containing the relevant details about your plan. The pack includes a Nominated Funeral Organiser’s Pack, which you should give to the individual who will be responsible for organising the funeral.
Empathy UK pride themselves on having the longest cooling off period in the industry which means that you can receive a full refund within 33 days of buying a plan.
If you cancel after this period, then Empathy take a cancellation fee, which they state on their website is the lowest cancellation fee on the market.
Where do Empathy UK keep their clients’ money?
Empathy UK pay client monies into the Empathy UK Trust, which is independent to the company and complies with the relevant regulations. A Board of Trustees oversees the Trust, which is non-profit making
Do they offer guarantees?
Empathy UK guarantee to provide the funeral you have purchased, when it’s required, and to lock in the cost at today’s prices.
Are Empathy UK registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA)?
At the time of writing, we can find no record of Empathy UK having a registration with the Funeral Planning Authority.
What payment options are available?
Empathy UK allows customers to select from three payment options:
- A single payment, covering the full cost of the Funeral Plan
- A deposit and single balance payment, to cover the full cost
- Instalment plans from 12 months up to 180 months for planholders who are no older than 85 years at the end of the plan.
Empathy allow their customers to make additional payments or to pay off their balance in advance with no additional fees.
What if I have a complaint with Empathy?
If you have reason to complain to Empathy then you can contact them in one of the following ways:
Phone: 0345 200 3218
Post: Empathy UK Funeral Plans Ltd Stafford Court, 145 Washway Road, Manchester M33 7PE
Empathy commit to acknowledging your complaint within two working days and then to resolve it as soon as possible.
Empathy UK Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF A PREPAID FUNERAL PLAN WITH EMPATHY?
Funeral plans with Empathy can vary quite significantly in price.
This is down to the ability to customise the funeral plan to the customers needs. This might include items which are upgradable, such as choice of funeral service, flower options and amount of cars for the service.
IS A FUNERAL PLAN WITH EMPATHY THE BEST OPTION FOR ME?
There are a lot of funeral plan providers on the market, so you should carefully consider all of the choices before you go ahead with Empathy.
You should consider if:
- Empathy offer you a price which you can easily afford
- Empathy give you the optional extras which you will need
- you are happy with the reviews and reputation of Empathy
Only when you have considered all of the above criteria, should you continue to apply for a funeral plan with Empathy.
ARE EMPATHY A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY FOR FUNERAL PLANS?
Empathy were incorporated on 31-Jul-17 under the company name Empathy UK Funeral Plans Limited.
They are a legitimate funeral plan company who operate in the United Kingdom. You should always consider all of the different funeral providers to make sure you are buying a funeral plan which is suitable for yourself and your family.