Who are Pride Planning?
Pride Planning are Prepaid Funeral Plan providers based in the UK who pride themselves on offering an excellent level of customer care, such as a 24/7 customer phone line, a welcome call and access to the Pride Discount Club.
Pride Planning have been in business since 2014.
- Pride Planning Funeral Plans
- Who are Pride Planning?
- Compare Pride Planning Funeral Plans
- Have Pride Planning Funeral Plans got good customer feedback?
- What happens if I take out a Pride Planning Funeral Plan?
- Where do Pride Planning keep their clients’ money?
- Do they offer guarantees?
- Are Pride Planning registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA)?
- What payment options are available?
- What if I have a complaint with Pride Planning?
- Pride Planning Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF A PREPAID FUNERAL PLAN WITH PRIDE PLANNING?
- IS A FUNERAL PLAN WITH PRIDE PLANNING THE BEST OPTION FOR ME?
- ARE PRIDE PLANNING A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY FOR FUNERAL PLANS?
Compare Pride Planning Funeral Plans
So, what types of Funeral Plan do Pride Planning offer and how do they compare to the market?
As with any financial decision, we recommend that you carefully consider what you need and what options are currently available across the market. We can assist you with this process.
Pride Planning offer four types of Funeral Plans. The four options are: Pride Practical®, Pride Simplified®, Pride Essential® and Pride Plus®. These Funeral Plans have competitive pricing, and they all include different service offerings, so it’s essential to understand the details.
All plans come with the Funeral Director services that you would expect from an established Funeral Plan Provider. Pride Planning also offer some additional services that many of their competitors do not, such as:
- Access to the National Bereavement Service with no time limit
- The Pride Discount Club offering deals on high street items exclusively for Pride Planning customers
We are happy to support you with any questions.
Pride Practical® is the lowest-cost Funeral Plan that Pride offer. It includes the following essential services:
- Funeral Director to manage all arrangements
- Guidance for registrations and certifications
- Transport of the deceased to the Funeral Director within a 25-mile radius during working hours
- Care of the deceased before the funeral
- Chapel of Rest for viewing
- Standard coffin
- Conductor and four pallbearers
- Hearse to funeral service at a crematorium or cemetery
- Funeral staff
- Bereavement counselling
- Financial and legal guidance
Pride Planning offer the Pride Simplified® Funeral Plan for those who also want to cover some disbursements, also known as third party fees, within their plan. Pride Simplified® offers the benefits of Pride Practical®, plus:
- Allowance towards costs relating to a cremation or burial, the minister and doctor. At the time of writing, this allowance is £1,000
Pride Planning offer the Pride Essential Plan® to customers who want additional services within their plans. It has the benefits of the other options, plus:
- One limousine
- A list of the mourners who contributed floral tributes
Pride Plus® is the top of the range Funeral Plan, which is suited to larger families and customers who want some higher-quality options within their plans. It has the benefits of the other options, plus:
- Two limousines
- A high-quality coffin
Have Pride Planning Funeral Plans got good customer feedback?
At the time of writing this review, Pride Planning Funeral Plans have a great score of 4.2 out of 5 on Trustpilot, the independent customer review site. This score came from just under 350 reviews. The positive feedback often references a helpful, straightforward, professional and friendly service.
There is evidence that Pride Planning respond to the majority of the negative customer feedback on Trustpilot. The negative comments at the time of writing seem to focus on challenges when seeking a refund.
What happens if I take out a Pride Planning Funeral Plan?
Once you have signed up to a plan with Pride Planning through a deposit, they will send you the following:
- An overview of your plan
- Terms and Conditions
- Complaints Policy
- Next of kin form
- A form to capture special requests
- If required, a standing order form
After 30 days you will receive a further pack of information containing:
- Two copies of your certificate of entitlement
- Your plan, with the special requests that you have specified
- Important information form
- Guidance on how to register a death
If you take out a plan with Pride Planning and change your mind, then you are entitled to a full refund within the ‘cooling-off period’ specified at the time you take out a policy. If you cancel after this period, then Pride Planning take a cancellation fee from any amount due to be returned to you. At the time of writing the cooling-off period is 30 days and the cancellation fee is £595.
Where do Pride Planning keep their clients’ money?
Customers pay their money directly into the bank account for a Trust Fund known as the Pride Planning Trust. This Trust enables Pride Planning to keep client money separate from the company and protect it. When the time of need arises, Pride Planning Trust pay the money directly to Funeral Directors.
The money in the Pride Planning Trust is held by Barclays Bank and managed by a panel of Independent Trustees. The Trust Fund also receives support and guidance from a range of professionals including Chartered Accountants, Fund Managers and Lawyers.
Do they offer guarantees?
Pride Planning, as a Funeral Plan provider, guarantee to provide the services included within their plan holders’ Prepaid Funeral Plans.
Are Pride Planning registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA)?
At the time of writing, Pride Planning do not appear to have a registration with the Funeral Planning Authority.
What payment options are available?
Pride Planning give their plan holders a choice of two payment options:
- A single payment, covering the full cost of the Funeral Plan
- 12 to 120 month instalment plans providing the opportunity to spread payments depending on the customer’s age and needs. At the time of writing, this option includes an instalment fee of 4.7% a year. If a plan holder opts for one of these instalment plans, he or she must pay in full before reaching the age of 85.
Pride Planning accept payments by debit card, credit card (excluding AMEX), Paypal, bank transfer, cheque and standing order. Please note, at the time of writing they do not use direct debits. They also offer payment with digital currencies; please call them for details.
What if I have a complaint with Pride Planning?
If you have a complaint with Pride Planning, then you can contact them through the following channels:
Phone: 0800 014 9650
Post: Pride Planning Ltd, Complaints Team, National House, 80-82 Wellington Road, North Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 1HW
Pride Planning will acknowledge your complaint within five working days and assign your case to someone who specialises in handling complaints. They aim to send a final response within 28 working days of receiving your complaint.
Pride Planning Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF A PREPAID FUNERAL PLAN WITH PRIDE PLANNING?
Funeral plans with Pride Planning can vary quite significantly in price.
This is down to the ability to customise the funeral plan to the customers needs. This might include items which are upgradable, such as choice of funeral service, flower options and amount of cars for the service.
IS A FUNERAL PLAN WITH PRIDE PLANNING THE BEST OPTION FOR ME?
There are a lot of funeral plan providers on the market, so you should carefully consider all of the choices before you go ahead with Pride Planning.
You should consider if:
- Pride Planning offer you a price which you can easily afford
- Pride Planning give you the optional extras which you will need
- you are happy with the reviews and reputation of Pride Planning
Only when you have considered all of the above criteria, should you continue to apply for a funeral plan with Pride Planning.
ARE PRIDE PLANNING A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY FOR FUNERAL PLANS?
Pride Planning were incorporated on 3-Jun-94 under the company name Pride Planning Ltd.
They are a legitimate funeral plan company who operate in the United Kingdom. You should always consider all of the different funeral providers to make sure you are buying a funeral plan which is suitable for yourself and your family.