What is Prosperous Life?
Prosperous Life are a UK-based company that offer Prepaid Funeral Plans. They hold their money in the Pride Planning Trust, which is an independent Trust Fund specifically designed for Prepaid Funeral Plan providers.
They have excellent customer ratings on Trustpilot and offer several Prepaid Funeral Plan options.
- Prosperous Life Funeral Plans
- What is Prosperous Life?
- Compare Prosperous Life Plans
- Have Prosperous Life Funeral Plans got good customer feedback?
- What happens if I take out a Prosperous Life Funeral Plan?
- Where do Prosperous Life keep their clients’ money?
- Do they offer guarantees?
- Are Open Prepaid Funeral Plans registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA)?
- What payment options are available?
- What if I have a complaint with Prosperous Life?
- Is bereavement support available to me?
- Prosperous Life Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF A PREPAID FUNERAL PLAN WITH PROSPEROUS LIFE?
- IS A FUNERAL PLAN WITH PROSPEROUS LIFE THE BEST OPTION FOR ME?
- ARE PROSPEROUS LIFE A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY FOR FUNERAL PLANS?
Compare Prosperous Life Plans
So, what types of Funeral Plans do Prosperous Life offer and how do they compare to the market?
As with any financial decision, we recommend that you carefully consider what you need and what options are currently available across the market. We can assist you with this process.
Prosperous Life offer three types of Funeral Plans. The three options are: The Silver Plan, The Gold Plan, and The Platinum Plan. These Funeral Plans have competitive pricing, and they all include different service offerings, so it’s essential to understand the details. All plans contain an allowance towards third party costs and access to the National Bereavement Service. Prosperous Life Funeral Plan customers also receive benefits and vouchers when referring friends or family to the company.
Prosperous Life also offer an enhanced membership option called The Prestige Club. This membership includes additional benefits such as:
- Prize draws
- A named contact for all of your funeral plan needs
- Priority contact
- An emergency contact card to carry in your wallet or bag
The company do not include the qualifying criteria for their Prestige Club membership on the website, so interested plan holders should discuss membership by calling the dedicated phone number 0161 850 8112.
We are happy to support you with any questions.
The Silver Plan
The Silver Plan is the lowest-cost Prosperous Life funeral. It includes the following services:
- Funeral Director services
- Funeral arrangements
- Guidance for registrations and certifications
- Transport of the deceased to the Funeral Director within a 25-mile radius
- Care of the deceased before the funeral
- Chapel of Rest
- Standard coffin
- Hearse direct to the cemetery or crematorium
- Conductor and pallbearers
- Funeral staff
- £1000 allowance for third party costs, which are also known as disbursements. Examples include: crematorium fees, cemetery fees, doctor’s fees and minister’s fees
The Gold Plan
The Gold Plan is Prosperous Life’s most popular prepayment Funeral Plan. It contains the benefits of the Silver Funeral Plan plus:
- One limousine for transport to the funeral service
- List of individuals who have sent flowers
The Platinum Plan
The Platinum Plan is the top of the range Prepaid Funeral Plan offered by Prosperous Life. It has the benefits of the Gold Funeral Plan, plus:
- A high-quality coffin
- Two limousines for transport to the funeral service
Have Prosperous Life Funeral Plans got good customer feedback?
At the time of writing this review, Prosperous Life Prepaid Funeral Plans have an excellent score of 4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot, the independent customer review site. This score came from over 3,800 reviews. The positive feedback often references a fast, straightforward, professional and friendly service.
Prosperous Life respond to all negative customer feedback on Trustpilot and attempt to support the customer. The negative comments include issues with refunds and feeling under high pressure when buying a plan.
What happens if I take out a Prosperous Life Funeral Plan?
Once you have signed up to a Prosperous Life Prepaid Funeral Plan, they will send you a welcome pack, your Terms and Conditions, and two copies of your certificate within 30 days. One copy is for you to keep and the other is for your next of kin.
If you take out one of the Prepaid Funeral Plans and change your mind, then you are entitled to a full refund within 30 days. If you cancel after this period, then Prosperous Life take a cancellation fee of £595.
Where do Prosperous Life keep their clients’ money?
Prosperous Life Funeral Plan monies are paid directly into a Trust Fund known as the Pride Planning Trust. This Trust enables Prosperous to keep client money separate from the company. When the time of need arises, the Pride Planning Trust pay the money directly to Funeral Directors.
The money in the Pride Planning Trust is held by Barclays Bank and managed by a panel of Independent Trustees. The Trust Fund also receives support and guidance from a range of professionals including Chartered Accountants, Fund Managers and Lawyers.
Do they offer guarantees?
Prosperous Life do not offer any specific guarantees on their website, beyond their explanation for how customer funds receive protection through the Pride Planning Trust.
Are Open Prepaid Funeral Plans registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA)?
At the time of writing, Prosperous Life do not appear to have a registration with the Funeral Planning Authority.
What payment options are available?
Prosperous Life allow their customers to select from two payment options:
- A single payment, covering the full cost of the Funeral Plan
- Numerous instalment plan options, which Prosperous Life prefer to discuss with their customers on an individual basis. Their instalment Funeral Plans include a 4.7% annual charge for plans for longer than 12 months. Customers must plan to repay their instalment Funeral Plans before their 85th birthday.
Prosperous Life Funeral Plans contain the flexibility to overpay instalments and to repay the instalment plan early.
What if I have a complaint with Prosperous Life?
If you have a complaint about a Prosperous Life Prepaid Funeral Plan, then you can contact them through the following channels:
Phone: 08000 465 903
Post: Late Life Planning Ltd trading as Prosperous Life, 11 Warren Road, Cheadle Hulme, SK8 5AA
Prosperous Life will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. They aim to resolve your complaint within eight weeks.
Is bereavement support available to me?
Yes, Prosperous Life recognise the emotional toll that grief can take. They provide access to the National Bereavement Service to all of their Funeral Plan holders, and their families. The service is a not-for-profit that provides a team of trained experts to support those who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
There is no time limit on your family’s access to this service. They can use it for support with both emotional and process-related challenges.
Prosperous Life Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF A PREPAID FUNERAL PLAN WITH PROSPEROUS LIFE?
Funeral plans with Prosperous Life can vary quite significantly in price.
This is down to the ability to customise the funeral plan to the customers needs. This might include items which are upgradable, such as choice of funeral service, flower options and amount of cars for the service.
IS A FUNERAL PLAN WITH PROSPEROUS LIFE THE BEST OPTION FOR ME?
There are a lot of funeral plan providers on the market, so you should carefully consider all of the choices before you go ahead with Prosperous Life.
You should consider if:
- Prosperous Life offer you a price which you can easily afford
- Prosperous Life give you the optional extras which you will need
- you are happy with the reviews and reputation of Prosperous Life
Only when you have considered all of the above criteria, should you continue to apply for a funeral plan with Prosperous Life.
ARE PROSPEROUS LIFE A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY FOR FUNERAL PLANS?
Prosperous Life were incorporated on 3-Jun-94 under the company name Late Life Planning Ltd.
They are a legitimate funeral plan company who operate in the United Kingdom. You should always consider all of the different funeral providers to make sure you are buying a funeral plan which is suitable for yourself and your family.